What is PRO?
PRO is a Community of Practice within RWA. It’s a network of communication and support to effectively promote and protect the interests of romance writers in the areas between manuscript completion and PAN eligibility.
PRO focuses on the business side of writing rather than craft.
The advantages of joining the PRO Community of Practice.
- Access to PRO forums and loops, including PRO-org and PRO-class. These forums provide online resources and opportunities for networking with other writers within the 2,000-plus member community. Answers to your questions may be drawn from this knowledge pool, as well as potential critique partners/groups, and support.
- Priority access to editor and agent appointments at RWA® National Conference (behind RITA and Golden Heart finalists and winners).
- PRO Retreat at RWA® National, a half-day retreat exclusively for PRO members and geared specifically toward PRO interests.
- A PRO pin is available from RWA® National. Wearing this pin at regional and national conferences identifies you as a serious writer who has achieved that crucial first step—completing a manuscript. It tells fellow RWA members, editors, and agents that you’ve reached a certain level of success in your commitment to attaining a writing career.
Listed below are the eligibility requirements and how to join PRO taken from RWA’s website.
This program is available to any active General or Honorary member who: (1) is not PAN-eligible and (2) has one complete original work of romance fiction of at least 20,000 words, or multiple complete original works of romance fiction which combine for a total of at least 20,000 words.
Membership in the PRO Community of Practice is available only for active RWA members.
How to Join PRO
This program is available to any active General or Honorary member who:
(1) is not PAN-eligible and
(2) has one complete original work of romance fiction of at least 20,000 words, or multiple complete original works of romance fiction which combine for a total of at least 20,000 words.
To apply, complete the online application and upload a digital copy of the qualifying work/s.
Contact: Lonnie McManus @ firstname.lastname@example.org