Capital Region Romance Writers of America provides a number of services to its membership. Our monthly meetings give local writers the chance to network, as well as to further their careers through continuing education on the business and craft of writing and publishing. We maintain an active online and social media presence to celebrate our authors and provide a platform for members to continue the discussion, even after meetings have ended.
Additional programs focus on helping us strengthen our existing community:
- Our annual retreat allows members to get away from their day-to-day and focus on their writing while also socializing and collaborating.
- Our Better Writing Through Empathy program seeks to help members become better writers through exercising empathy, and also to make our space welcoming to people from all backgrounds
- To make membership more accessible, we maintain a Sunshine Fund to help cover the cost of dues for members who might find them to be a financial hardship.
- Our Hospitality committee works to make visitors and members feel welcome
- RWA’s Communities of Practice help members target resources aimed at every phase of a publishing career.