Congratulations to our authors on their accomplishments with their writing this month!
Congratulations to our members for continuing to make progress in their publishing careers!
- Jeanette Grey’s latest book, Eight Ways to Ecstasy, released on April 5 from Forever.
- Marie Lark signed a contract with Loose Id for her new book The First Morning After for a summer release.
- Jean C. Gordon’s novel Mandy and the Mayor releases in ebook on May 3.
- Kari Cole’s Constant Craving is a Golden Heart finalist in the paranormal category.
- Anna Bowling sold three articles to Heroes and Heartbreakers.
Congratulations to our members for all their accomplishments in the past month.
- Jeanette Grey’s latest book, Confessions In The Dark, released on March 1 from Forever Yours. Her April release, Eight Ways To Ecstasy, was named a Top Pick by RT Magazine.
- Kathryn R. Biel published her sixth novel, Live For This.
- The ebook version of Jean C. Gordon’s sweet romance Love Undercover releases March 15. She will be presenting her synopsis workshop Gone In 60 Minutes at the Saratoga Romance Writers chapter at their April 2nd meeting.
- Julie Lomoe’s suspense novel Eldercide is being reissued on Amazon Kindle and Smashwords.
We look forward to hearing more about what you’ve been up to when we meet again in April!
Congratulations to our members who are continuing to make huge strides in their careers.
- Jeanette Grey’s book Through The Static won a Galaxy Award as one of the best Science Fiction Romances of 2015.
- Anna C. Bowling sold two articles to Heroes and Heartbreakers.
- Jean C. Gordon received a request from Redbud press for her Dating Service novella. She also revealed the cover for The Bachelor’s Sweetheart.
- K.A. Mitchell’s book Getting Him Back releases on February 15, 2016. It will be available in mass market paperback in September 2016.
- Autumn Jones Lake’s novella Kickstart My Heart was included in the ’80s Mixtape Anthology released on February 9, 2016.
We look forward to hearing about your accomplishments when we meet again in March!
Congrats to our members for their accomplishments in September and October!
- Ann Bowling’s article “I Cleaned Up My Dad’s Hoarder House” was published in XOJane.com
- Carol Storm’s book Burning Captivity (Book 2 of the Charity Chronicles) is coming soon from Blushing Books.
- K.A. Mitchell’s 20th book Put a Ring on It came out September 9, 2015.
- Jenna Kendrick’s Make Me Believe hit #1 in LGBT short reads on Amazon. Her book Stuck with You will be released October 2016. Home for the Holidays, a Male/male anthology releases November 2015.
- Kari Cole’s Constant Craving is a finalist in NJRW’s Put Your Heart in a Book Contest.
- Nona Raines’ novella Write to Me released on September 16, 2015. She received a contract from Loose Id for her trans-romance Her Kind of Man.
- Marie Lark’s third book, Third Take is the Charm, was released the last week of August with Loose Id.
- Jeanette Grey’s novel When The Stars Align was released on September 1, 2015. Her print debut, Seven Nights to Surrender will be released November 3!
- Rachael Miles’ Jilting the Duke is coming out February 2016 from Kensington, Zebra.
- Jean Gordon’s “Holiday Homecoming” is being released November 17.
- Autumn Jones Lake has a short story in the anthology “Pink: Hot n’ Sexy For a Cure” which became an Amazon international best seller in October.
Congrats to our members on their continued successes in their writing endeavors:
- Autumn Jones Lake released Tattered On My Sleeve (Lost Kings MC #4) on July 28, 2015.
- Jenna Kendrick released Make Me Believe (Hawaiian Haven #1) on July 21, 2015.
- Glen Ebisch released The Bad Actor from Five Star on July 22, 2015.
- Anna Bowling sold an article entitled “I Cleaned Out My Hoarder Dad’s House” to XOJane.com. Her post, “Best YA Book Boyfriends” is live on HeroesAndHeartbreakers.com.
- Frankie Y. Bailey’s second book in her near-future police procedural series set in Albany, What The Fly Saw, came out in March 2015.
- Carol Storm has published six titles with Blushing Books since January 2014.
- Marie Lark’s third book, Third Take Is The Charm, comes out with LooseID on August 25, 2015.
- Jeanette Grey’s new adult romance, When The Stars Align, releases from Grand Central’s Forever Yours line on September 1, 2015.
- The first book in K.A. Mitchell’s Ready Or Knot series, Put A Ring On It, releases September 9, 2015.
Congratulations to our members for their accomplishments this month:
- Anna Bowling was featured on a Buzz Feed post on caregiving.
- Autumn Jones Lake has a cover reveal for Tattered on My Sleeve on June 25th. The book’s release will be on July 28th.
- Jean Gordon had two requests for a historical romance that she pitched at a conference she attended in May of this year.
- Kari Cole finished 2nd in the Chicago Fire and Ice contest and 2nd in the Cleveland Rocks contest and has received multiple requests from agents and editors.
- KA Mitchell received two contract offers on two separate submissions. Getting Him Back will a February release. Risk Everything on It will be released with Dreamspinner.
- Jeanette Grey’s cover reveal for Seven Nights To Surrender and When The Stars Align was featured on Dear Author. Both books release from Grand Central Publishing this fall.
- Rebecca Grace Allen signed her fourth contract with Samhain Publishing for the third book in her Portland Rebels series, The Theory of Deviance. She also completed revisions on the first book in her Legally Bound series, His Contract. Cover reveal coming soon!
Our authors have been incredibly productive this year! We’re pleased to share some of their accomplishments.
- Jeanette Grey’s new erotic futuristic romance Through the Static was released by Samhain 1/20/15
- Cara Connelly’s new “Save the Date” novel, The Wedding Band was released by Avon 2/10/15
- K.A. Mitchell signed a contract for Put a Ring on It, the first in a new series called Ready or Knot. It will be released with Dreamspinner Press in September. The print release for her novel Bad Influence received a 4 star review in RT.
- Debby Nolan received a request from an agent for a full manuscript.
- Glen Ebishch’s Stormy Weather was accepted for publication by Five Star.
- Anna Bowling’s essay on creativity appeared in Eryka Perkin’s 31 Days to Jump Start Your Life.
- Virginia Frost received a request for a full manuscript.
- Jean Gordon’s Winning the Teacher’s Heart will be in stores in May.
- Jenna Kendrick’s first novel Relocated will be out April 7, to be followed shortly by Reconnected.
- Julie Lomoe’s new novel Hope Dawns Eternal will come out this month.
- Autumn Jones Lake’s new release Strength from Loyalty (Lost Kings MC#3) released March 17, 2015.
- Rebecca Grace Allen revealed the cover of the 2nd book in her Portland Rebels series, The Hierarchy of Needs, out July 7, 2015 from Samhain.
Congratulations to our members on their continued success in pursuing their careers as romance writers.
Spring is almost here! Warm up your writing by attending our March 2015 meeting, this Saturday, March 14, at the East Greenbush Public Library.
Our professional book club will meet at 12:30, followed by a business meeting at 1 p.m. At two, our own Jeanette Grey will lead a workshop on “The Art And Science Of Writing Deep POV“:
Readers crave it. Agents and editors demand it. Writing in Deep POV puts your readers in the minds of your characters, giving them the escapist, immersive experience they’re looking for every time they pick up a new book. In this workshop, RITA-finalist author Jeanette Grey explores both the art and the science of writing in Deep POV. Learn new ways to get into the heads of your own characters and bring their stories to life, while also picking up tricks for refining your writing and revising with an eye to creating the richest, deepest POV possible.
We look forward to seeing you there!
How Awesome is My Chapter?
At our January meeting, the members of CRRWA took the time to celebrate each other’s achievements for 2014. I was amazed and impressed by the sheer number of tasks, goals and writing that our authors completed in just 365 days. Our wonderful Hospitality Committee took up the task of compiling data on all our members. At the chapter meeting, KA Mitchell and Anna Bowling showed us just how accomplished our writers are.
Twenty members filled out a survey. KA crunched the numbers. Here are some quick stats:
|90% Finished a work of fiction|
|70% Submitted a work to a publisher or agent|
|45% Pitched to an editor/agent|
|45% Contracted a work of fiction|
|10% Became a member of PRO|
|5% Became a member of PAN|
|5% Hit a Best Seller’s list|
|5% Were RITA Finalists|
I know stats are a funny thing (especially for those of us who work mainly with words). It’s plain to see that Capital Region RWA is a working chapter. We have a total of about thirty-two members. With over 60% of the chapter answering the survey, I think these stats accurately represent this amazing chapter. Eighteen members surveyed finished a work of fiction. Fourteen submitted their work. And for the first time, we had a RITA finalist, Jeanette Grey.
Let me highlight a few of our members.
|Jean C. Gordon, one of our founders published this year. Her book, Small-Town Midwife came out in March of 2014. This is her eleventh book. Her web page is http://www.jeancgordon.com/.|
|One of our newer members, Marie Lark, published Stripped Down in May, 2014.|
|Deborah Nolan, another of our long time members, published Second Act for Carrie Armstrong in January of 2014.|
|Tracey Lyons, another of our founders, published two books this year, The Spy who Learned to Love (a historical) and The Wedding Toast (a Kindle Worlds novella).|
I cannot begin to tell you how proud and humble I am to know and work with these writers. I learn something new about writing at every meeting, whether it be craft, marketing or just dealing with juggling the writing life. CRRWA is not just a hardworking group of writers. They are friends, coworkers, confidants and mentors. I am so honored to be the president of this amazing group. Come visit us and join our family.
Christine Dreidel, CRRWA President