Join us Saturday, February 11, 2017 for our monthly chapter meeting. For the program, our own Autumn Jones Lake will present a workshop on Finding and Engaging Your Reader Tribe Using Social Media. We hope to see you there!
Congratulations to our members who are continuing to make huge strides in their careers.
- Jeanette Grey’s book Through The Static won a Galaxy Award as one of the best Science Fiction Romances of 2015.
- Anna C. Bowling sold two articles to Heroes and Heartbreakers.
- Jean C. Gordon received a request from Redbud press for her Dating Service novella. She also revealed the cover for The Bachelor’s Sweetheart.
- K.A. Mitchell’s book Getting Him Back releases on February 15, 2016. It will be available in mass market paperback in September 2016.
- Autumn Jones Lake’s novella Kickstart My Heart was included in the ’80s Mixtape Anthology released on February 9, 2016.
We look forward to hearing about your accomplishments when we meet again in March!
Congratulations to our members for all of their accomplishments this month!
- Rebecca Grace Allen completed the third novella in the Portland Rebels series, The Theory of Deviance. She also accepted an offer of representation from Tara Carberry of Trident Media Group.
- Susie Warren released her book The Chosen Heir on January 1, 2016.
- KA Mitchell released the audio version of Put a Ring on It. Her new book Risk Everything On It came out on January 8, 2016.
- Kathryn R. Biel’s book Live For This is now available for pre-order. It releases March 8, 2016.
- Autumn Jones Lake released White Heat (Lost Kings #5) on January 6, 2016.
Congrats to our members for their accomplishments in September and October!
- Ann Bowling’s article “I Cleaned Up My Dad’s Hoarder House” was published in XOJane.com
- Carol Storm’s book Burning Captivity (Book 2 of the Charity Chronicles) is coming soon from Blushing Books.
- K.A. Mitchell’s 20th book Put a Ring on It came out September 9, 2015.
- Jenna Kendrick’s Make Me Believe hit #1 in LGBT short reads on Amazon. Her book Stuck with You will be released October 2016. Home for the Holidays, a Male/male anthology releases November 2015.
- Kari Cole’s Constant Craving is a finalist in NJRW’s Put Your Heart in a Book Contest.
- Nona Raines’ novella Write to Me released on September 16, 2015. She received a contract from Loose Id for her trans-romance Her Kind of Man.
- Marie Lark’s third book, Third Take is the Charm, was released the last week of August with Loose Id.
- Jeanette Grey’s novel When The Stars Align was released on September 1, 2015. Her print debut, Seven Nights to Surrender will be released November 3!
- Rachael Miles’ Jilting the Duke is coming out February 2016 from Kensington, Zebra.
- Jean Gordon’s “Holiday Homecoming” is being released November 17.
- Autumn Jones Lake has a short story in the anthology “Pink: Hot n’ Sexy For a Cure” which became an Amazon international best seller in October.
Our meeting this month will be held on Saturday, October 10, at 1pm.
Important Note: The meeting will not be held at our usual location. It will be at the Schenectady Public Library, 99 Clinton St, Schenectady, NY 12305-2047, in the McChesney Room on the second floor, above the children’s room.
Our business meeting at one p.m. will include important information on our upcoming elections.
At two p.m., we’ll have a self-publishing panel. CR-RWA members and successful indie authors Autumn Jones Lake, K.A. Mitchell and Jenna Kendrick will be here to answer your questions about the ins and outs of self-publishing and the Indie road to publication. Please come prepared with questions!
Congrats to our members on their continued successes in their writing endeavors:
- Autumn Jones Lake released Tattered On My Sleeve (Lost Kings MC #4) on July 28, 2015.
- Jenna Kendrick released Make Me Believe (Hawaiian Haven #1) on July 21, 2015.
- Glen Ebisch released The Bad Actor from Five Star on July 22, 2015.
- Anna Bowling sold an article entitled “I Cleaned Out My Hoarder Dad’s House” to XOJane.com. Her post, “Best YA Book Boyfriends” is live on HeroesAndHeartbreakers.com.
- Frankie Y. Bailey’s second book in her near-future police procedural series set in Albany, What The Fly Saw, came out in March 2015.
- Carol Storm has published six titles with Blushing Books since January 2014.
- Marie Lark’s third book, Third Take Is The Charm, comes out with LooseID on August 25, 2015.
- Jeanette Grey’s new adult romance, When The Stars Align, releases from Grand Central’s Forever Yours line on September 1, 2015.
- The first book in K.A. Mitchell’s Ready Or Knot series, Put A Ring On It, releases September 9, 2015.
Congratulations to our members for their accomplishments this month:
- Anna Bowling was featured on a Buzz Feed post on caregiving.
- Autumn Jones Lake has a cover reveal for Tattered on My Sleeve on June 25th. The book’s release will be on July 28th.
- Jean Gordon had two requests for a historical romance that she pitched at a conference she attended in May of this year.
- Kari Cole finished 2nd in the Chicago Fire and Ice contest and 2nd in the Cleveland Rocks contest and has received multiple requests from agents and editors.
- KA Mitchell received two contract offers on two separate submissions. Getting Him Back will a February release. Risk Everything on It will be released with Dreamspinner.
- Jeanette Grey’s cover reveal for Seven Nights To Surrender and When The Stars Align was featured on Dear Author. Both books release from Grand Central Publishing this fall.
- Rebecca Grace Allen signed her fourth contract with Samhain Publishing for the third book in her Portland Rebels series, The Theory of Deviance. She also completed revisions on the first book in her Legally Bound series, His Contract. Cover reveal coming soon!
Our authors have been incredibly productive this year! We’re pleased to share some of their accomplishments.
- Jeanette Grey’s new erotic futuristic romance Through the Static was released by Samhain 1/20/15
- Cara Connelly’s new “Save the Date” novel, The Wedding Band was released by Avon 2/10/15
- K.A. Mitchell signed a contract for Put a Ring on It, the first in a new series called Ready or Knot. It will be released with Dreamspinner Press in September. The print release for her novel Bad Influence received a 4 star review in RT.
- Debby Nolan received a request from an agent for a full manuscript.
- Glen Ebishch’s Stormy Weather was accepted for publication by Five Star.
- Anna Bowling’s essay on creativity appeared in Eryka Perkin’s 31 Days to Jump Start Your Life.
- Virginia Frost received a request for a full manuscript.
- Jean Gordon’s Winning the Teacher’s Heart will be in stores in May.
- Jenna Kendrick’s first novel Relocated will be out April 7, to be followed shortly by Reconnected.
- Julie Lomoe’s new novel Hope Dawns Eternal will come out this month.
- Autumn Jones Lake’s new release Strength from Loyalty (Lost Kings MC#3) released March 17, 2015.
- Rebecca Grace Allen revealed the cover of the 2nd book in her Portland Rebels series, The Hierarchy of Needs, out July 7, 2015 from Samhain.
Congratulations to our members on their continued success in pursuing their careers as romance writers.
Congratulations to our members on another successful month of achievements toward their writerly goals.
- Jeanette Grey finished the first draft of her new novel, When the Stars Align.
- K.A. Mitchell’s new book, Bad Behavior, the fifth in her Bad In Baltimore series, releases Tuesday, December 16, 2014.
- Lisa Lewis’s holiday novella, Midnight Mixup, will be released Monday, December 15, 2014, from Black Lion Publishing.
- Debby Nolan submitted her completed manuscript to an agent who had requested.
- Autumn Jones Lake released Corrupting Cinderella (Lost Kings MC #2) on December 2, 2014.
- Lonnie McManus submitted her completed manuscript, The Last Dark Angel.
Our members continue to amaze us. Here’s what they’ve accomplished this month:
- K.A. Mitchell will be attending the Toronto Book Fair November 15 at the Toronto Convention Center.
- Marie Lark finished her first full-length novel. It is a new adult contemporary romance.
- Lisa Lewis has completed a seventeen thousand word novella, and it is ready to submit.
- The cover reveal for Autumn Jones Lake’s Corrupting Cinderella (Lost Kings MC #2) will take place on November 12, 2014. The book releases December 2, 2014.
- Rebecca Grace Allen’s debut, The Duality Principle, releases November 11, 2014. The novella received a 4½ star review from Romance Times, and was reviewed in Library Journal and Heroes and Heartbreakers.
We look forward to celebrating even more of their successes at our next meeting on December 13, 2014.