Our authors had another great month in March!
- Lisa Lewis finished the first draft of a new contemporary novella.
- Jean C. Gordon‘s books Bachelor Father and His Lady Viking are now available for free to Scribd members.
- Marie Lark contracted her second book in a series, Stripped Down.
- Tim Farley received a request from an agent for his manuscript, Loving Gabby Law.
Congrats to Lisa, Jean, Marie and Tim!
At our March meeting, we took time out to celebrate our authors’ achievements. In the past year alone, of our 30 members:
- 13 completed a manuscript
- 10 sold a manuscript
- 4 joined RWA’s PRO community
- 2 joined RWA’s PAN community
- 2 self-published books
- 3 contracted with an agent
- 7 received requests in response to queries
- 4 received requests to revise and resubmit
- 2 attended their first conference
We could not be prouder of our authors for having such a successful, productive year!
Special thanks to the chairs of our Hospitality Committee, K.A. Mitchell and Anna Bowling, for arranging this celebration and doing such a wonderful job with it.
Here’s to an equally successful 2014!
Our March meeting is just around the corner! We have lots of exciting things planned:
Noon to 1:00 pm: Our new critique group will meet. Anyone interested in being matched with a critique partner is encouraged to attend
1:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Business meeting
1:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.: Celebration to honor member achievements for 2013
2:00 p.m.: Shannon Kauderer will present a workshop on plotting using the snowflake method.
We hope to see everybody there!